Sharee Traskauskas M.Ed, Licensed Professional Counselor
Hi! As a Licensed Professional Counselor with a sincere passion for human connection, I have focused my therapeutic approach on how we connect with one another. Sometimes those connections leave scars that alter our perceptions. Nonetheless, they are connections and experiences that make us strong and resilient. Experiencing childhood trauma of my own filled with fear, insecurities, and questioning my own inner strength, therapy helped me develop coping skills to build resilience within myself. I am dedicated to helping you navigate through change and growth that can be difficult and liberating all at the same time.
For over five years, I’ve helped adolescents and their families improve in areas of communications, emotional distress, boundary setting, and fostering relationships. With reality in focus, together we will explore and overcome the challenges that may be hindering you from life goals. I will provide an empathic, safe, nonjudgmental space that will afford you the greatest opportunity to create positive change. My goal as a therapist is to empower you to explore and discover your authentic self and to step into your truth.
My eclectic therapeutic approach is enriched with evident-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy to address behavioral change, mindfulness, acceptance, and emotion regulation. While I’m passionate about helping clients in these areas, I also support clients with many issues including anxiety, depression, and many other mood and personality disorders.
- M.Ed. Counseling & Guidance –University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Certified
- Adolescents, Adults, Couples, Family
- Trauma, Anxiety, Depression, Mood Disorders
- Loves: Travel, Mexican food and spending time with family & friends, all things leopard and shoes.
- Hobbies: Cooking and home décor
- Favorite thing about Therapy: Seeing my client’s resilience